Youth from Haryana arrested for duping job aspirants
New Delhi: A 22-year-old youth from Haryana
was arrested from here for allegedly duping thousands of
people of around Rs six lakh by promising them jobs in Delhi
Metro, police said on Tuesday.
Yatender Yadav, a college dropout hailing from
Mahender Garh, was apprehended from south Delhi`s Lajpat Nagar
yesterday, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) H G S
"Around 15,000 to 20,000 application forms with demand
drafts or postal orders were received by Yadav which amounted
to around Rs six lakh. Documents have already been destroyed
by Yadav in order to destroy evidence as he became alert after
the DMRC approached police," he said.
The arrest came following a probe into a complaint by
Delhi Metro that an advertisement appeared in `Uttarakhand
Rozgar Darshan` seeking applications for over 2,000 posts in
the name of DMRC Placement Agency, Kotla Mubarakpur.
The Delhi Metro, in its complaint, said it had not
authorised any agency for recruitment and it appeared to be a
During investigations, it came to light that one
Yatender had taken a house in Kotla Mubarakpur on rent. He
used to come there during late night hours and collect the
application forms received through post.
Police said Yadav rented the premises from one Rajpal
saying he did not want to physically occupy it and offered a
payment of Rs 3,000 per month to receive letters delivered by
in the name of DMRC Placement Agency.
After arranging the rented premises, Yadav then contacted
Negi Prakashan, who publishes Uttrakhand Rozgar Darshan in
Bulandshahar, for the publication of advertisement regarding
recruitment in Delhi Metro, according to police.
He also got thousands of application forms printed and
circulated them in UP and Uttrakhand asking job aspirants to
pay a postal order or a DD of Rs 100 for general candidates
and Rs 50 for SC/ST candidates.
"He knew that people residing far from Delhi would not
come to his office for enquiry for such a meagre amount and so
he published advertisements in newspapers having circulation
outside Delhi," Dhaliwal said.
The official said they were investigating whether Negi
Prakashan is involved in the racket.
The Delhi Metro has earlier brought out public notices
in leading newspapers to create awareness among people about
fake advertisements by agencies, which are duping people of
thousands of rupees with the promise of providing them jobs in
All vacancies in Delhi Metro are advertised in advance in
newspapers and its website `www.delhimetrorail.com`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in