71 persons evacuated from Kinnaur in HP
Shimla: The IAF and state choppers on Monday evacuated 71 stranded persons from Pooh, Sangla and Jangi areas of rain-ravaged Kinnaur district and airdropped 3,500-kg of essential items.
Besides, 800 litres of fuel and equipments weighing about 1,300 kg were also airdropped at various locations in the district.
So far over 1,800 people have been evacuated from various parts of the district and equipment has been dropped at Sangla, Pooh and Jangi for restoration of electricity supply and repair of roads, an official spokesman here said.
Several areas of Kinnaur are still cut off due to massive landslides and road breaches.
Border Roads Organisation and Public Works Department teams are working on a war footing to restore the roads and till date 22 out of 43 damaged roads have been operational and rest of the link roads would be cleared by July 5, he said.
However, road between Malling to Chango will take over a month for restoration of vehicular traffic and sufficient quantity of ration was being sent to the affected areas to meet the requirements of people, a spokesman of BRO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city