Cold wave continues unabated in HP, mild snowfall in parts
Shimla: The intense cold wave sweeping most parts of Himachal Pradesh continued unabated, as higher reaches and tribal areas had another spell of mild snowfall and mercury stayed marginally below normal.
The Rohtang Pass (13,050 ft), Kunzam and Saach passes, Pin-Parvati pass and other high altitude tribal areas received three to 5 cm of snow but temperatures remained low as strong velocity icy winds swept the region.
Keylong and Kalpa in tribal districts of Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur recorded minimum temperatures at minus 4.2 degree Celsius and minus 1 degree while key tourist resort of Manali shivered at freezing point and Bhuntar and Sundernagar recorded a low of 2.3 degree.
Solan and Chamba recorded minimum temperature at 3.1 degree, Una 4. 7 degree, Shimla, Palampur and Dalhousie 5.1 degree and Dharamsala and Nahan 7.2 degree, two degree below normal.
All natural sources of water like lakes, springs, rivulets and 70 km stretch of Chandrabhaga River in high altitude tribal areas were frozen as mercury stayed between minus 8 and minus 13 degree C.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum of 24.4 degree followed by Sundernagar 22.4 degree, Bhunter 21.5 degree, Solan 21. 4 degree, Nahan 18 degree, Dharamsala 17.8 degree, Shimla 15.4 degree, and Kalpa 12.4 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad