Cold wave sweeps upper reaches of Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Cold wave swept the upper reaches of Himachal Pradesh, where Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest on Friday with a minimum of 3.1 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnuar district registered a low of 4 degrees, whereas the mercury in famous tourist town of Manali settled at 6 degrees, followed by Bhuntar 9.8, Solan 10 and Shimla and Palampur 11 degrees Celsius each, the MeT department said.
The minimum temperature dipped to 11.3 degrees in Chamba and Dalhousie, 11.7 in Sundernagar, 13.7 deg in Nahan, 14.7 in Una and 17 degrees in Dharamsala, 2 to 3 deg below normal.
According to the weather forecast, dry weather is likely to prevail in the state over the next four days, with no significant change in mercury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch
- ISIS makes Indian terrorist its poster boy in new video to lure youth from country
- Russian GP: Nico Rosberg wins seventh race in succession as Lewis Hamilton recovers to second spot
- No need for cash; pay through mobile phone at Café Coffee Day now
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court