Cold wave sweeps upper reaches of Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: Cold wave swept the upper reaches of Himachal Pradesh, where Keylong in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district was the coldest on Friday with a minimum of 3.1 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnuar district registered a low of 4 degrees, whereas the mercury in famous tourist town of Manali settled at 6 degrees, followed by Bhuntar 9.8, Solan 10 and Shimla and Palampur 11 degrees Celsius each, the MeT department said.
The minimum temperature dipped to 11.3 degrees in Chamba and Dalhousie, 11.7 in Sundernagar, 13.7 deg in Nahan, 14.7 in Una and 17 degrees in Dharamsala, 2 to 3 deg below normal.
According to the weather forecast, dry weather is likely to prevail in the state over the next four days, with no significant change in mercury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security