Five of family buried in Himachal landslide
Shimla: Five members of a family, including three children, were buried early Monday when boulders fell on their house in Himachal Pradesh`s Kinnaur district, police said.
"Rescue work by the locals has begun but the government officials are yet to reach the spot owing to massive landslides," Superintendent of Police G. Shiva said over phone.
He said the family was sleeping in their house at Chagaon village near Tapri, some 220 km from state capital Shimla, when the incident occurred.
"The chances of survival of the victims is bleak," he added.
The entire Kinnaur district has been experiencing heavy rain for the past two days.
Shiva said four people died in various landslide incidents in the district since Sunday.
He said work is on to resume link roads in the district and the picturesque Sangla Valley has been cut off due to landslides and a large number of tourists are stranded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read