Five of family buried in Himachal landslide
Shimla: Five members of a family, including three children, were buried early Monday when boulders fell on their house in Himachal Pradesh`s Kinnaur district, police said.
"Rescue work by the locals has begun but the government officials are yet to reach the spot owing to massive landslides," Superintendent of Police G. Shiva said over phone.
He said the family was sleeping in their house at Chagaon village near Tapri, some 220 km from state capital Shimla, when the incident occurred.
"The chances of survival of the victims is bleak," he added.
The entire Kinnaur district has been experiencing heavy rain for the past two days.
Shiva said four people died in various landslide incidents in the district since Sunday.
He said work is on to resume link roads in the district and the picturesque Sangla Valley has been cut off due to landslides and a large number of tourists are stranded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement