Five of family buried in Himachal landslide
Shimla: Five members of a family, including three children, were buried early Monday when boulders fell on their house in Himachal Pradesh`s Kinnaur district, police said.
"Rescue work by the locals has begun but the government officials are yet to reach the spot owing to massive landslides," Superintendent of Police G. Shiva said over phone.
He said the family was sleeping in their house at Chagaon village near Tapri, some 220 km from state capital Shimla, when the incident occurred.
"The chances of survival of the victims is bleak," he added.
The entire Kinnaur district has been experiencing heavy rain for the past two days.
Shiva said four people died in various landslide incidents in the district since Sunday.
He said work is on to resume link roads in the district and the picturesque Sangla Valley has been cut off due to landslides and a large number of tourists are stranded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?