Five of family buried in Himachal landslide
Shimla: Five members of a family, including three children, were buried early Monday when boulders fell on their house in Himachal Pradesh`s Kinnaur district, police said.
"Rescue work by the locals has begun but the government officials are yet to reach the spot owing to massive landslides," Superintendent of Police G. Shiva said over phone.
He said the family was sleeping in their house at Chagaon village near Tapri, some 220 km from state capital Shimla, when the incident occurred.
"The chances of survival of the victims is bleak," he added.
The entire Kinnaur district has been experiencing heavy rain for the past two days.
Shiva said four people died in various landslide incidents in the district since Sunday.
He said work is on to resume link roads in the district and the picturesque Sangla Valley has been cut off due to landslides and a large number of tourists are stranded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena