Heavy rain lashes Paonta Sahib in Himachal
Shimla: Heavy rains upto 221 mm lashed Paonta Sahib of Sirmaur district while other areas witnessed moderate rains with monsoon remaining normal in the state.
Areas like Rajgarh recorded 60 mm of rains while Kasauli and Tissa had 51 mm and 40 mm rains, followed by Sangrah and Jubbarhatti 33 mm and Dharamsala 25 mm.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature recorded at 33.2 deg as there was no significant change in day temperatures.
This was followed by Sundernagar which recorded a high temperature of 32.2 deg followed by Bhuntar 31.5 deg, Dharamsala 27.6 deg, Solan 27 deg, Manali 25.1 deg, Shimla 23 deg and Kalpa 22 deg Celsius.
Minimum temperatures remained steady with Una being the warmest at night with a low of 24.3 deg Celsius.
The MeT department has predicted rain and thundershowers at several places in the state during next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him