Heavy rain lashes Paonta Sahib in Himachal
Shimla: Heavy rains upto 221 mm lashed Paonta Sahib of Sirmaur district while other areas witnessed moderate rains with monsoon remaining normal in the state.
Areas like Rajgarh recorded 60 mm of rains while Kasauli and Tissa had 51 mm and 40 mm rains, followed by Sangrah and Jubbarhatti 33 mm and Dharamsala 25 mm.
Una was hottest in the region with maximum temperature recorded at 33.2 deg as there was no significant change in day temperatures.
This was followed by Sundernagar which recorded a high temperature of 32.2 deg followed by Bhuntar 31.5 deg, Dharamsala 27.6 deg, Solan 27 deg, Manali 25.1 deg, Shimla 23 deg and Kalpa 22 deg Celsius.
Minimum temperatures remained steady with Una being the warmest at night with a low of 24.3 deg Celsius.
The MeT department has predicted rain and thundershowers at several places in the state during next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list