Himachal CM Dhumal confident of retaining power
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal has exuded confidence of his government being voted back to power by contending it had worked for development of state and people.
Dhumal, also a senior BJP leader, alleged that the Congress party-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government had worked against the state`s interest and people would give it a befitting reply.
"The people will vote for those who have worked. We have worked in favour of the state and in favour of people. The Congress party-led UPA government at federal level has worked against the interest of Himachal. These would be the main issues of the polls," Dhumal told media here.
Dhumal had earlier alleged that the ruling Congress Party at the Centre was at the present neck-deep in trouble on the issue of corruption.
Asserting that the BJP would expose the ruling Congress Party on the corruption issue, Dhumal said that the 2G scam, Commonwealth Games scam and the coal scam have not only deprived the country of billions of rupees, but also brought shame to the nation
The single-phase election in Himachal Pradesh will take place on November 04 this year, while the two-phase polls will take place in Gujarat on December 13 and 17.
Counting for both the states will take place on December 20.
In the Himachal Pradesh Assembly Election, the notification will be issued on the 10th of this month. The last date for nomination is 17th and scrutiny will take place the next day. Candidates can withdraw their nominations till 20th of this month. For the two-phase Gujarat Assembly polls, notification will be issued on 17th of November for the first phase and 23rd November for the second phase.
The last date for filing of nominations is on 24th November for first phase while it is 30th November for the second phase. Scrutiny will take place on 26th November for the first phase while for the second phase it is 1st December.
Withdrawal of candidatures can be done till 28th November for first phase while it is 3rd December for the second phase. The term of Legislative Assembly of Himachal Pradesh expires on 10th January next year and the term of Gujarat Assembly is expiring on 17th January next year.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- RBI proposes to regulate peer-to-peer lending sector
- Mamta Kulkarni's husband involved in country's biggest drug seizure?
- US economy expands 0.5% in Q1, slowest in two years
- MUST WATCH: What Indian Muslims said when they were asked to say 'Vande Matram', 'Bharat Mata ki Jai'
- Uber partners Gurugram Police in a bid to curb drunken driving