Himachal CM Dhumal confident of retaining power
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal has exuded confidence of his government being voted back to power by contending it had worked for development of state and people.
Dhumal, also a senior BJP leader, alleged that the Congress party-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government had worked against the state`s interest and people would give it a befitting reply.
"The people will vote for those who have worked. We have worked in favour of the state and in favour of people. The Congress party-led UPA government at federal level has worked against the interest of Himachal. These would be the main issues of the polls," Dhumal told media here.
Dhumal had earlier alleged that the ruling Congress Party at the Centre was at the present neck-deep in trouble on the issue of corruption.
Asserting that the BJP would expose the ruling Congress Party on the corruption issue, Dhumal said that the 2G scam, Commonwealth Games scam and the coal scam have not only deprived the country of billions of rupees, but also brought shame to the nation
The single-phase election in Himachal Pradesh will take place on November 04 this year, while the two-phase polls will take place in Gujarat on December 13 and 17.
Counting for both the states will take place on December 20.
In the Himachal Pradesh Assembly Election, the notification will be issued on the 10th of this month. The last date for nomination is 17th and scrutiny will take place the next day. Candidates can withdraw their nominations till 20th of this month. For the two-phase Gujarat Assembly polls, notification will be issued on 17th of November for the first phase and 23rd November for the second phase.
The last date for filing of nominations is on 24th November for first phase while it is 30th November for the second phase. Scrutiny will take place on 26th November for the first phase while for the second phase it is 1st December.
Withdrawal of candidatures can be done till 28th November for first phase while it is 3rd December for the second phase. The term of Legislative Assembly of Himachal Pradesh expires on 10th January next year and the term of Gujarat Assembly is expiring on 17th January next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh