Himachal CM Dhumal confident of retaining power
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal has exuded confidence of his government being voted back to power by contending it had worked for development of state and people.
Dhumal, also a senior BJP leader, alleged that the Congress party-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government had worked against the state`s interest and people would give it a befitting reply.
"The people will vote for those who have worked. We have worked in favour of the state and in favour of people. The Congress party-led UPA government at federal level has worked against the interest of Himachal. These would be the main issues of the polls," Dhumal told media here.
Dhumal had earlier alleged that the ruling Congress Party at the Centre was at the present neck-deep in trouble on the issue of corruption.
Asserting that the BJP would expose the ruling Congress Party on the corruption issue, Dhumal said that the 2G scam, Commonwealth Games scam and the coal scam have not only deprived the country of billions of rupees, but also brought shame to the nation
The single-phase election in Himachal Pradesh will take place on November 04 this year, while the two-phase polls will take place in Gujarat on December 13 and 17.
Counting for both the states will take place on December 20.
In the Himachal Pradesh Assembly Election, the notification will be issued on the 10th of this month. The last date for nomination is 17th and scrutiny will take place the next day. Candidates can withdraw their nominations till 20th of this month. For the two-phase Gujarat Assembly polls, notification will be issued on 17th of November for the first phase and 23rd November for the second phase.
The last date for filing of nominations is on 24th November for first phase while it is 30th November for the second phase. Scrutiny will take place on 26th November for the first phase while for the second phase it is 1st December.
Withdrawal of candidatures can be done till 28th November for first phase while it is 3rd December for the second phase. The term of Legislative Assembly of Himachal Pradesh expires on 10th January next year and the term of Gujarat Assembly is expiring on 17th January next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in