Himachal HC directs to phase out PATs
Shimla: Himachal High Court on Thursday directed the state government to phase out teachers appointed to posts of `Junior Basic Training` under `The Himachal Pradesh Prathmic Sahayak Adhyapak/Primary Assistant Teacher Scheme 2003`.
Justice Rajeev Sharma also asked the state government to commence the selection process for filling up posts of JBT teachers strictly as per the Recruitment and Promotion Rules and complete the process within six months.
Allowing the petition filed by trained JBT teachers, the court directed the respondent state not to regularise services of those teachers appointed Dehors the Recruitment and Promotion Rules.
The petitioners had pleaded that they had undertaken JBT training but the respondent state appointed Primary Assistant Teachers (PATs) against the posts of JBTs.
According to the petitioners, the persons who have been appointed as PATs did not even possess minimum essential qualifications of JBT.
The government had argued that "The Primary Assistant Teachers were appointed, since eligible/qualified candidates were not ready and willing to serve in tribal/hard areas.
"If the Primary Assistant Teachers serving for the last eight-nine years were disengaged, it would result in social disorder and they can also not to be kept as temporary teachers for an indefinite period, which according to the state, would amount to exploitation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read