HP Govt: 7,514 fake ration cards detected, cancelled
Dharamsala: As many as 7,514 "fake" ration cards under Public Distribution System (PDS) have been detected in Himachal Pradesh in about two years, Food and
Civil Supplies Minister Ramesh Dhawala told the state Assembly today.
During a special drive, the bogus ration cards were found in the state from January one, 2008 to October 30 this year, Dhawala said, adding that all of them have been cancelled.
The Minister was replying to a question of Congress MLA Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu.
There are currently about 15 lakh ration cards in the state under categories -- APL (Above Poverty Line), BPL (Below Poverty Line) and Antodya, he said.
Of these, maximum 4,923 bogus ration cards were found in Una district while it was 1,170 in Hamirpur, Kangra (997) and Sirmaur (151).
No bogus ration cards were found in Shimla and tribal district of Lahaul and Spiti while there was only one such card in Kinnaur, the minister added.
Dhawala said, during the drive it came to light that even in case of death of the beneficiary or marriage, their names have not been deleted and rations are being lifted illegally.
The minister said drive against bogus ration cards would continue as part of efforts to streamline PDS system in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!