`HP Govt suffering due to previous regime`s wrong policies`
Mandi: Lashing out at the previous BJP government, the Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Sunday claimed that due to its wrong policies, the state was suffering from the financial burden of Rs 36,000 crore.
"The previous government has taken many decisions during the last six months of its tenure keeping in mind the Assembly elections in which BJP was defeated," Singh said while addressing a huge gathering of government employees at Kansa Chowk in the district.
"It wrongly implemented some decisions for which additional benefits have to provided to the employees, leading the state coffer to suffer under financial debt of Rs 36,000 crore," he said.
He alleged that the previous regime did not do anything in its tenure of four and half years and opened various institutions in last six months without any basic facilities and budgetary provisions.
However, the chief minister clarified that the government was not taking back the financial benefits which were "wrongly" given to employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145