`HP Govt suffering due to previous regime`s wrong policies`
Mandi: Lashing out at the previous BJP government, the Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Sunday claimed that due to its wrong policies, the state was suffering from the financial burden of Rs 36,000 crore.
"The previous government has taken many decisions during the last six months of its tenure keeping in mind the Assembly elections in which BJP was defeated," Singh said while addressing a huge gathering of government employees at Kansa Chowk in the district.
"It wrongly implemented some decisions for which additional benefits have to provided to the employees, leading the state coffer to suffer under financial debt of Rs 36,000 crore," he said.
He alleged that the previous regime did not do anything in its tenure of four and half years and opened various institutions in last six months without any basic facilities and budgetary provisions.
However, the chief minister clarified that the government was not taking back the financial benefits which were "wrongly" given to employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SAD moves privilege motion against Jairam, Renuka
- Salman Khan acquitted in two black buck poaching cases: Today is a big day for us, tweets sister Arpita
- RBI imposes Rs 5 cróre penalty on Bank of Baroda
- Turkey issues warrants for 42 journalists after coup: TV
- How Africans collaborate with wild birds to get honey