`HP Govt suffering due to previous regime`s wrong policies`
Mandi: Lashing out at the previous BJP government, the Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Sunday claimed that due to its wrong policies, the state was suffering from the financial burden of Rs 36,000 crore.
"The previous government has taken many decisions during the last six months of its tenure keeping in mind the Assembly elections in which BJP was defeated," Singh said while addressing a huge gathering of government employees at Kansa Chowk in the district.
"It wrongly implemented some decisions for which additional benefits have to provided to the employees, leading the state coffer to suffer under financial debt of Rs 36,000 crore," he said.
He alleged that the previous regime did not do anything in its tenure of four and half years and opened various institutions in last six months without any basic facilities and budgetary provisions.
However, the chief minister clarified that the government was not taking back the financial benefits which were "wrongly" given to employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step