HP princess kidnap: Accused in police remand
Chandigarh: A local court on Friday remanded a
man to three days` police custody for allegedly kidnapping a
teenage girl belonging to a royal family from Himachal
Police had arrested Inderjit Singh Malik and rescued the
girl from a village in Bathinda late last evening.
The girl, a class XI student at a convent school here,
had gone missing on October 11 and her parents complained that
she had been kidnapped, the police said.
The girl, who has been handed over to the family, is a
princess of Kutlaher province in Himachal Pradesh, they said.
Malik, an unemployed youth, hails from Zirakpur in
The duo was traced after the arrest of Kamal Singh, a
co-accused in the case, the police said.
An FIR was registered against Malik`s mother, father and
a doctor of PGIMER here, the police said, adding that they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital