HP scam: Chargesheet filed against BJP MLA, others
Shimla: Former BJP minister Rajiv Bindal and 25 others were Wednesday charge sheeted by the Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau in Himachal Pradesh in a 13-year-old case of irregularities in appointments in Solan Municipal Council.
Bindal, an MLA from Nahan, is considered close to former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal. He was the then Chairman of Solan Municipal Council.
The Special Investigation Unit of the Vigilance Bureau filed the charge sheet in the court of Special Judge Solan.
The probe agency had registered a case against Bindal on December 1, 2006. However, the then Congress government could not take the case to logical conclusion.
The BJP, which came to power in December 2007, put the case into back burner. After returning to power in 2012, Congress got the case reopened.
But the Congress, which had made it a major issue while in Opposition, got it re-opened immediately after returning to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?