HP scam: Chargesheet filed against BJP MLA, others
Shimla: Former BJP minister Rajiv Bindal and 25 others were Wednesday charge sheeted by the Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau in Himachal Pradesh in a 13-year-old case of irregularities in appointments in Solan Municipal Council.
Bindal, an MLA from Nahan, is considered close to former Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal. He was the then Chairman of Solan Municipal Council.
The Special Investigation Unit of the Vigilance Bureau filed the charge sheet in the court of Special Judge Solan.
The probe agency had registered a case against Bindal on December 1, 2006. However, the then Congress government could not take the case to logical conclusion.
The BJP, which came to power in December 2007, put the case into back burner. After returning to power in 2012, Congress got the case reopened.
But the Congress, which had made it a major issue while in Opposition, got it re-opened immediately after returning to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal