Kalam to visit Shimla
Shimla: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam would pay a day`s visit to Shimla on July 14 to deliver a key note address in a legal programme, official sources said here on Saturday.
Kalam would deliver the lecture on the "Duties and Rights of the Citizen" in a programme being organised by the state legal authority, public relation societies of India `Himachal Chapter and SEWA Trust` in collaboration with department of Art, Languages and Culture.
Governor Urmila Singh will be the chief guest on the occasion while Chief Justice of the Himachal Pradesh High Court Justice Kurian Joseph would preside over the function, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?