No permission for Ramdev rally in Himachal
Shimla: The plan of Yoga teacher Ramdev to hold a rally in Solan district on Sunday received a setback after district administration refused to give permission for the February 27 meeting.
"We had changed the venue from Sadhupul to Solan and assured that the rally would be completely peaceful, but surprisingly, the MC Solan has declined to give permission for holding the rally at Thodo ground on February 27 as scheduled," Laxmi Dutt Sharma, state in-charge of Patanjali Yogpeeth said.
Even a private body which had committed to give its hall also backed out.
Sharma alleged that it was "obviously due the pressure from the state government that the hall owner backed out from his promise."
Solan MC turned down our request for Thodo ground and today Murari market management committee also said no to the trust after having agreed to facilitate the function at its hall and now we may have to hold the meeting at Sanatan Dharamsabha hall at Solan, he said.
He said it is astonishing that the government has turned so hostile towards us and inspite of the fact that as per the statement of Chief Secretary that there was no official ban on the entry of Ramdev, the administration was bent on creating conditions wherein no place would be available for holding the rally not even "indoor meeting", the in-charge said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, before leaving for Delhi said, "Ramdev is welcome to Himachal Pradesh and government treats him as a respected yoga guru but now the land given to him has been taken over by the government after the cabinet cancelled the lease, Ramdev or his men would not be allowed to create any law and order situation.
Singh said that the government has given orders to the local administration to maintain law and order and not interfere with function of yoga guru.
On February 22, the Himachal authorities, in a swift but peaceful move, had taken over the land given to Ramdev`s trust Patanjali Yogpeeth by the previous BJP regime, three days after the state government decided to cancel its lease.
BJP had yesterday said that the party will support any stir by the yoga teacher against the cancellation of the land lease.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh