No respite from biting cold wave conditions in HP
Shimla: While the intense cold wave conditions persisted in Himachal Pradesh as there was no appreciable improvement in mercury, the local MeT office has issued a fresh warning of heavy rains and snowfall from February 04 to February 06 in the state.
Heavy rainfall or thundershowers would occur at few places in lower hills of Una, Bilaspur and Hamirpur, lower parts of Solan, Mandi, Sirmaur and Kangra districts.
Meanwhile, heavy snowfall would occur at many places in higher hills of Chamba, Lahul & Spiti, Kangra, Kullu, Kinnaur and Shimla districts from mid night of February 04 to February 06, MeT officials said.
The minimum temperatures remained steady in the region with Keylong and Kalpa in Tribal Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts recording a low of minus 9.3 degrees and minus 4.3 degrees Celsius.
The key tourist resort of Manali settled at a low of minus 1.6 degrees Celsius, four degree below normal followed by Bhuntar 1.5 degrees, Sundernagar 2.8 degrees, Solan 3.2 degrees and Shimla 4.6 degrees and Saluni 5.0 degrees C respectively.
The high altitude tribal areas groaned under freezing cold wave conditions with minimum temperatures staying between minus 12 and minus 23 degrees C.
The region had a clear but chilly day in the morning but sky was heavily overcast by the afternoon and people were forced to stay indoors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’