No respite from biting cold wave conditions in HP
Shimla: While the intense cold wave conditions persisted in Himachal Pradesh as there was no appreciable improvement in mercury, the local MeT office has issued a fresh warning of heavy rains and snowfall from February 04 to February 06 in the state.
Heavy rainfall or thundershowers would occur at few places in lower hills of Una, Bilaspur and Hamirpur, lower parts of Solan, Mandi, Sirmaur and Kangra districts.
Meanwhile, heavy snowfall would occur at many places in higher hills of Chamba, Lahul & Spiti, Kangra, Kullu, Kinnaur and Shimla districts from mid night of February 04 to February 06, MeT officials said.
The minimum temperatures remained steady in the region with Keylong and Kalpa in Tribal Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur districts recording a low of minus 9.3 degrees and minus 4.3 degrees Celsius.
The key tourist resort of Manali settled at a low of minus 1.6 degrees Celsius, four degree below normal followed by Bhuntar 1.5 degrees, Sundernagar 2.8 degrees, Solan 3.2 degrees and Shimla 4.6 degrees and Saluni 5.0 degrees C respectively.
The high altitude tribal areas groaned under freezing cold wave conditions with minimum temperatures staying between minus 12 and minus 23 degrees C.
The region had a clear but chilly day in the morning but sky was heavily overcast by the afternoon and people were forced to stay indoors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch