Ruckus in HP Assembly, Opposition stages walkout
Shimla: The Opposition BJP on Thursday created a ruckus in the Himachal Pradesh Assembly over Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh`s reply on a debate on 2013-14 budget and staged a walkout, even as the Speaker claimed that he had adjourned the House much before the exit.
Soon after the Chief Minister finished his replies, Leader of Opposition Prem Kumar Dhumal was on his legs, protesting against several issues, including changing the names of government schemes, not bringing out any clear policy for PTA teachers.
However, the explanations given by Singh failed to satisfy the opposition members, who started raising slogans and staged a walkout from the House.
"We were not satisfied with the replies of the chief minister. So, we staged a walkout," Dhumal told reporters outside the Assembly here.
However, the Chief Minister said that BJP members were late in staging the walkout as the Speaker BBL Butail had already left the house.
"The BJP was finding some excuse to stage a walkout as all its queries had been answered but even then they were late and Speaker had adjourned the house before the walkout," Singh late claimed.
Earlier, the BJP criticised the state budget for the financial year 2013-14 as "directionless and lacking vision".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?