Ruckus in HP Assembly, Opposition stages walkout
Shimla: The Opposition BJP on Thursday created a ruckus in the Himachal Pradesh Assembly over Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh`s reply on a debate on 2013-14 budget and staged a walkout, even as the Speaker claimed that he had adjourned the House much before the exit.
Soon after the Chief Minister finished his replies, Leader of Opposition Prem Kumar Dhumal was on his legs, protesting against several issues, including changing the names of government schemes, not bringing out any clear policy for PTA teachers.
However, the explanations given by Singh failed to satisfy the opposition members, who started raising slogans and staged a walkout from the House.
"We were not satisfied with the replies of the chief minister. So, we staged a walkout," Dhumal told reporters outside the Assembly here.
However, the Chief Minister said that BJP members were late in staging the walkout as the Speaker BBL Butail had already left the house.
"The BJP was finding some excuse to stage a walkout as all its queries had been answered but even then they were late and Speaker had adjourned the house before the walkout," Singh late claimed.
Earlier, the BJP criticised the state budget for the financial year 2013-14 as "directionless and lacking vision".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details