Ruckus in HP Assembly, Opposition stages walkout
Shimla: The Opposition BJP on Thursday created a ruckus in the Himachal Pradesh Assembly over Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh`s reply on a debate on 2013-14 budget and staged a walkout, even as the Speaker claimed that he had adjourned the House much before the exit.
Soon after the Chief Minister finished his replies, Leader of Opposition Prem Kumar Dhumal was on his legs, protesting against several issues, including changing the names of government schemes, not bringing out any clear policy for PTA teachers.
However, the explanations given by Singh failed to satisfy the opposition members, who started raising slogans and staged a walkout from the House.
"We were not satisfied with the replies of the chief minister. So, we staged a walkout," Dhumal told reporters outside the Assembly here.
However, the Chief Minister said that BJP members were late in staging the walkout as the Speaker BBL Butail had already left the house.
"The BJP was finding some excuse to stage a walkout as all its queries had been answered but even then they were late and Speaker had adjourned the house before the walkout," Singh late claimed.
Earlier, the BJP criticised the state budget for the financial year 2013-14 as "directionless and lacking vision".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!