Ruckus in HP Assembly, Opposition stages walkout
Shimla: The Opposition BJP on Thursday created a ruckus in the Himachal Pradesh Assembly over Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh`s reply on a debate on 2013-14 budget and staged a walkout, even as the Speaker claimed that he had adjourned the House much before the exit.
Soon after the Chief Minister finished his replies, Leader of Opposition Prem Kumar Dhumal was on his legs, protesting against several issues, including changing the names of government schemes, not bringing out any clear policy for PTA teachers.
However, the explanations given by Singh failed to satisfy the opposition members, who started raising slogans and staged a walkout from the House.
"We were not satisfied with the replies of the chief minister. So, we staged a walkout," Dhumal told reporters outside the Assembly here.
However, the Chief Minister said that BJP members were late in staging the walkout as the Speaker BBL Butail had already left the house.
"The BJP was finding some excuse to stage a walkout as all its queries had been answered but even then they were late and Speaker had adjourned the house before the walkout," Singh late claimed.
Earlier, the BJP criticised the state budget for the financial year 2013-14 as "directionless and lacking vision".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning