Snowfall in tribal areas, widespread rains in higher, mid hills
Shimla: Moderate snowfall was recorded on Saturday in higher reaches in tribal areas of Lahaul and Spiti and Kinnaur while mid and higher hills of Himachal Pradesh had widespread rains.
Wintry condition prevailed in tribal areas and higher hills while mercury dropping marginally in higher and mid-hills after intermittent rains.
Palampur and Kalpa received 45 mm of rains while Sangrah in Sirmaur district had 39 mm rains, followed by Solan 20 mm, Jubbal and Rajgarh 17 mm, Shimla 16 mm, Baijnath and Arki 15 mm, Gohar and Ponta Sahib 11 mm and Mandi 6 mm.
Local MeT office has predicted rains and thunderstorm at many places in higher and mid hills in the next 48 hours as a feeble western disturbance as an upper air system over North Pakistan and neighbourhood now lies over Jammu and Kashmir and neighbourhood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre