Toll free SMS number for crime, law and order problem in HP
Shimla: Tourists visiting Himachal
Pradesh and local people need not go to the police station in
case of any law and order problem or crime and instead just
send an SMS.
The police have provided a toll free no (9459100100) for
sending an alert in case of any exigency and the service would
be available round the clock.
Chief Minister P.K.Dhumal said Himachal Pradesh was a
peaceful state and most of crimes were committed by migrants
and anti-social elements coming from outside the state.
He said that correct information about the crime, law and
order problem needed to be mentioned in brief so that
effective remedial steps could be taken up immediately by the
appropriate to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation