Virbhadra Singh’s son enters politics
Shimla: After Anurag Thakur, son of Himachal
Pradesh Chief Minister PKDhumal, Vikramaditya Singh, son of
Union Minister VB Singh on Monday entered politics by filing the
nominations for the post of president of Himachal unit of
Youth Congress here.
A scion of the erstwhile princely family of Rampur
Bushahar, 22-year old Vikramaditya, doing Bachelor’s degree in
Law in Delhi, had earlier floated an organisation to promote
Talking to media persons after filing the nominations, he
said it was a "friendly match" as all the contestants belong
to Youth Congress but he was sure of his success.
Asked about the position of the incumbent Youth
Congress president Manmohan Singh Katoch, who is seeking a
second term, Vikramaditya said Katoch "has no right to oppose
his candidature as he was a nominated president" while this
time the president would be elected by YC members.
Vikramaditya said he would start his campaign from
Kotkhai and cover the entire state before the polling, if
He said "it hardly matters who wins as the runners-up
would automatically become the vice president and both would
work as a team to ensure that Congress returns to power in the
He said Rahul Gandhi was his ideal who has inspired him
to contest this election.
He also praised Anurag Thakur for his achievements in the
field of politics and sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened