7th Bangladesh-India Friendship Dialogue: Five resolves for future
The next round of the dialogue will be held in New Delhi.
Dhaka: The participants at the 7th Bangladesh-India Friendship Dialogue have come out with a “things-to-do” list titled Dhaka Declaration at the end of their two-day event in the Bangladeshi capital.
The next round of the dialogue will be held in New Delhi, according to the Dhaka Tribune.
Here are the seven resolves taken by the participants at the dialogue:
1. Bangladesh and India have stressed to take forward their “historical bonds” to the next level.
2. The two sides emphasised on reinforcing their cooperation in maritime security.
3. Both the countries emphasised on preservation of natural resources and enhanced security in the Indian Ocean.
4. Major emphasis on exploration for hydrocarbons, marine services, seafood processing, aquaculture, fishing, deep ocean water application, seaport activities, marine renewable energies and exchange of expertise.
5. Both sides hope to exchange and jointly improve quality of literary and artistic creation, commend “values of the true, good and beautiful” and “combat anti-progress manifestation”.
The two-day dialogue saw participation from politicians economists, former diplomats, business leaders and government officials from both sides.