New Delhi/Shillong: India's most loved former president Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's condition is critical after he was admitted to a hospital in Shillong.
- APJ Abdul Kalam had reached Shillong today morning from Delhi.
- He was in the capital of Meghalaya to deliver a lecture at the Indian Institute of Management
- Kalam fell ill during the event. Reports said he collapsed on the dais at around 6:50 pm.
- The former president was rushed to Bethani Hospital in Shillong in an extremely critical condition.
- Reports said that he was been put on support system in the ICU of the hospital.
- A joint team comprising of doctors from the Indian Army, Air Force and Bethani Hospital are tracking his health condition.
- Unconfirmed reports said that Kalam had suffered a massive cardiac arrest.