CM Vasundhara Raje declares 5,656 Rajasthan villages scarcity-hit
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje today declared 5,656 villages in 13 districts of the state "scarcity-hit".
The decision was taken on the basis of reports of assessments conducted after natural calamities like flood, drought and hailstorm, a statement said.
Villages affected by natural disasters in Barmer, Jaisalmer, Jhalawar, Udaipur, Jalore, Jodhpur, Bhilwara, Pali, Churu, Rajsamand, Ajmer, Nagaur and Chittorgarh districts were declared "scarcity hit".
Directions have been issued to District Collectors concerned to provide relief in the affected villages as per the norms of the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened