Lok Sabha adjourned till noon over demonetisation, Nagrota terror attack
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha was adjourned till noon on Wednesday following uproar in the house over demonetisation and the Nagrota terror attack.
Soon after the house met the opposition parties including the Congress, Trinamool Congress and others, demanded a discussion on the two issues and created a ruckus.
Despite the din, Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan attempted to conduct the question hour, but following repeated disruptions by the opposition members, she finally adjourned the house till 12 p.m.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was present in the Lok Sabha at the time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened