Allahabad: A school in Allahabad grabbed headlines on Sunday after several reports emerged saying that the school banned its students to sing National Anthem.
The school manager - Zia-Ul-Haq - gave an explanation for the ban that the 'Bharat bhagya vidhata line in the national anthem is anti-Islamic'.
Here are top developments:-
- MA Convent School's manager Zia-Ul-Haq has been arrested
- Protesting against the national anthem ban, eight teachers had resigned from the school
- The school was running without any affiliation from the government
- Reportedly, manager had banned Vande Mataram, Saraswati Vandana as well calling it 'un-Islamic'
- Now, after the ban news broke out, administration has ordered to shut the school
- Students of MA Convent School were not allowed to sing the anthem for the past 12 years
- Reportedly, a sedition case has been lodged against the manager
- BJP and other parties have slammed Zia-Ul-Haq for the ban