Nitinbhai Patel: This man to replace Anandiben Patel to become Gujarat CM? Things to know about him
Know who is Nitinbhai Patel!
New Delhi: Even as speculations are rife over the exit of Gujarat CM Anandiben Patel's exit, a name has been doing the rounds for next CM of the state.
Nitinbhai Patel has emerged as front-runner for the CM's post as speculations over Anandiben's successor have already started.
Noteworthy, the speculations gained momentum after Anandiben Patel on Monday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi to discuss a host of issues in the state. Gujarat will go to polls next year.
Who is Nitinbhai Patel?
- Currently, Nitinbhai is Health, Medical Education, Family Welfare, Road and Building, Capital Project Minister in Gujarat
- He was formerly a minister for water supply, Water Resources, (excluding Kalpsar Division), Urban Development and Urban Housing.
- Nitinbhai was first elected as an MLA in 1990.
- Currently, he is an MLA from Mehsana, elected in 2012.
- Reportedly, Nitinbhai was the head of the committee which was involved in negotiation with Patel agitation leaders.
Sources say one of the major reasons behind Anandiben's exit is poor handling of Hardik Patel-led quota agitation in Gujarat.
It is being speculated that Anandiben Patel may be made the Punjab Governor.