Samajwadi Party leader, 3 others booked for looting restaurant
Bareilly: A local Samajwadi Party leader and three others have been booked for allegedly looting a roadside restaurant here, police said on wednesday.
The owner of 'Netaji Dhaba' at the National Highway by pass, Anil Patel, has alleged that Sandesh Kannaujia, vice-president of the district unit of the Samajwadi Party, and his three associates ate at the restaurant on Monday night and got involved in a brawl with his worker at the time of payment, police said.
Patel has alleged that besides getting involved in verbal fight, Kannaujia and his associates also looted cash kept at the cash counter. They also broke chairs and threatened before leaving, police said.
A FIR under various sections has been filed against Kannaujia and others and investigations are going on in the case, Superintendent of Police Sameer Saurabh said.
Meanwhile, Kannaujia said that the FIR has been filed by his political adversaries and he didn't visit the restaurant that day.
Kannaujia said the worker who has accused him of loot has been involved in petty thefts in the past and he (Kannaujia) had opposed his actions about a year ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM