Terror attacks can't be an excuse to suspend Indo-Pak talks, says Sartaj Aziz
The non-resumption of dialogue is a problem but we have tried to ensure that the relationship with India remains cordial, Aziz said.
New Delhi: Terror attacks cannot be a justification to suspend the Indo-Pak bilateral talks, Pakistan PM's adviser on foreign affairs Sartaj Aziz said.
“Pathankot attack happened on January 1 and the whole thing got suspended. I don’t see why such incidents should suspend the dialogue,” ANI quoted him as saying.
He said that Pakistan's priority has been improved relations with her neighbours, including India.
“The non-resumption of dialogue is a problem but we have tried to ensure that the relationship remains cordial,” Aziz said.
He said that there is no tension on the LOC and trading between the two sides going on normally.
“If the relationship cannot improve, it should not deteriorate either,” he said, adding, “We'll continue to urge that we (India-Pak) should resume dialogue & try to improve our relation both in economic & non-economic fields.”
“After PM Modi’s inaugural ceremony, the foreign secretaries of the two sides couldn't meet because Pakistan high commissioner had met the Kashmiri leaders, that was hardly an excuse,” Aziz said.
“In one excuse or other, India always delayed the dialogue, includes talks on terrorist related activities,” he said.
“Our economic goals and revivals cannot be achieved without that. But it takes two to achieve that objective and India so far hasn't responded,” he alleged.
— ANI (@ANI_news) July 1, 2016