Delhi: CBI Director Anil Sinha has assured that one of India's most wanted man and the mastermind of 1993 Mumbai blasts, Dawood Ibrahim, will be brought back to India.
Sinha made the comments recently at an event organised by TV channel Aaj Tak.
He added that the agency was doing its best and was hopeful that the efforts would yield positive results.
On underworld don Chhota Rajan, who was arrested recently in Indonesia and then later bought back to India, the CBI Director maintained that Rajan had not surrendered.
He said that Rajan had been caught by Indian authorities and that it took them six months to find the don.
Meanwhile, on December 01, Lok Sabha was informed that Dawood had bases in Pakistan though he keeps shifting his location from time to time, as per PTI.
Minister of State for Home Haribhai Parthibhai Chaudhary told the House that India had from time to time been apprising Pakistani authorities of details concerning Dawood, including passports and his reported addresses in the neighbouring country, with the request that he be handed over for facing trial here for terrorist activities and other offences.
Earlier, Home Minister Rajnath Singh had told Parliament that the government would leave no stone unturned in bringing back Dawood.
(With Agency inputs)