15th batch of devotees leaves for Amarnath shrine
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 15th batch of 2,249 pilgrims Friday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from the Jammu base camp.
The batch, including 1,665 men, 421 women and 25 children, left in a convoy of 64 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:18 am, police said.
The convoy for the yatra has already crossed Patnitop on Jammu-Srinagar National highway and would reach to their respective destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they added.
As many as 27,919 pilgrims have so far gone from Jammu to the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker