15th batch of devotees leaves for Amarnath shrine
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 15th batch of 2,249 pilgrims Friday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from the Jammu base camp.
The batch, including 1,665 men, 421 women and 25 children, left in a convoy of 64 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:18 am, police said.
The convoy for the yatra has already crossed Patnitop on Jammu-Srinagar National highway and would reach to their respective destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they added.
As many as 27,919 pilgrims have so far gone from Jammu to the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy