15th batch of devotees leaves for Amarnath shrine
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 15th batch of 2,249 pilgrims Friday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from the Jammu base camp.
The batch, including 1,665 men, 421 women and 25 children, left in a convoy of 64 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:18 am, police said.
The convoy for the yatra has already crossed Patnitop on Jammu-Srinagar National highway and would reach to their respective destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they added.
As many as 27,919 pilgrims have so far gone from Jammu to the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'