75 rescued after avalanche hits north Kashmir
Srinagar: Seventy-five people were rescued in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district while efforts are on to rescue another 25 after an avalanche hit a mountain pass, police said Tuesday.
A senior police officer said an avalanche hit the Sadna Pass area on Kupwara-Tangdhar road in north Kashmir on Monday.
"Nearly 100 people got trapped after the avalanche hit the road at Sadna Pass which connects Tangdhar (border town) with Kupwara.
"We have so far rescued 75 people, while efforts are on to rescue the remaining 25 of those still trapped," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday