75 rescued after avalanche hits north Kashmir
Srinagar: Seventy-five people were rescued in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district while efforts are on to rescue another 25 after an avalanche hit a mountain pass, police said Tuesday.
A senior police officer said an avalanche hit the Sadna Pass area on Kupwara-Tangdhar road in north Kashmir on Monday.
"Nearly 100 people got trapped after the avalanche hit the road at Sadna Pass which connects Tangdhar (border town) with Kupwara.
"We have so far rescued 75 people, while efforts are on to rescue the remaining 25 of those still trapped," the officer said.
- Indian Premier League 9: Gujarat Lions' Ravindra Jadeja reprimanded for showing dissent at umpire's decision
- Holiday video alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput’s oceanic vacation
- NBSE 10th & 12th Results 2016: Nagaland.gov.in Board, NBSE HSLC & HSSLC Results 2016 to be declared on May 3
- MUST WATCH: Kargil martyr's daughter's message to India and Pakistan on Facebook - `Enough is enough`
- Hubble spots galaxy hidding in night sky – See pic!