79 kg of poppy recovered, smuggler arrested
Jammu: Police has recovered 79 kg of poppy and arrested an alleged smuggler in this connection in Jammu winter capital city.
"We have arrested a smuggler Amarjeet Singh and recovered 79 kg of poppy from his Tavera vehicle in Domana area of Jammu city," Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO), Sandeep Mehta told reporters here on Wednesday.
The vehicle was seized after intercepting it in Domana area, he said, adding the poppy was kept in white bags.
A case has been registered in this regard, he said.
The accused was also involved in some other cases, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents