A music therapy for inmates of Udhampur jail
Jammu: In a unique experience, jail inmates enjoyed a date with music therapy as spiritual Guru Raj Kumar Dogra made a live presentation at the Udhampur district prisonon Thursday.
The event, organised jointly by the Swarangan Meditation Charitable Trust and Vichar Kranti Manch, was attended by over 300 prisoners, besides jail officials including Superintendent Vinod Anand.
Dogra, who runs a free-of-cost spiritual music therapy campaign to deal with stress problem, said it has been proved that where the modern day medicine fails, centuries old spiritual music therapy can bring positive results.
He claimed the therapy can bring positive change in the attitude of the prisoners.
Besides performing at different parts of the state, Dogra has also given live performances in UK, Italy, Spain, France, Holland, Switzerland, Mexico and various other countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener
- Bad time continues for banks; Kingfisher Airlines brands auction fails again
- Punjab seeks CBI probe in shooting of RSS leader
- French PM Manuel Valls praises economy, says growth target in reach
- Judges must not hesitate to give severest punishment to rapists: Court