A music therapy for inmates of Udhampur jail
Jammu: In a unique experience, jail inmates enjoyed a date with music therapy as spiritual Guru Raj Kumar Dogra made a live presentation at the Udhampur district prisonon Thursday.
The event, organised jointly by the Swarangan Meditation Charitable Trust and Vichar Kranti Manch, was attended by over 300 prisoners, besides jail officials including Superintendent Vinod Anand.
Dogra, who runs a free-of-cost spiritual music therapy campaign to deal with stress problem, said it has been proved that where the modern day medicine fails, centuries old spiritual music therapy can bring positive results.
He claimed the therapy can bring positive change in the attitude of the prisoners.
Besides performing at different parts of the state, Dogra has also given live performances in UK, Italy, Spain, France, Holland, Switzerland, Mexico and various other countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka