Afzal Guru hanging: Two injured in protests in J&K
Srinagar: At least two persons were injured on Saturday in action by security forces in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district when local residents came out to protest against the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
While Bilal Ahmad Gojri injured his thigh after being hit by a teargas shell during protests at Azadgunj in Baramulla town, Firdous Ahmad was hit by a bullet in the arm at Doabgah in Sopore area--the hometown of Guru--of the district, official sources said.
The injured persons were shifted to a city hospital where their condition is stated to be stable, they said.
Protests were also witnessed in Handwara area of Kupwara district, they said.
According to reports, eight other persons were hurt during action by security forces at Sopore, Baramulla and Handwara. But there was no official word on it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory