Afzal Guru hanging: Two injured in protests in J&K
Srinagar: At least two persons were injured on Saturday in action by security forces in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district when local residents came out to protest against the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
While Bilal Ahmad Gojri injured his thigh after being hit by a teargas shell during protests at Azadgunj in Baramulla town, Firdous Ahmad was hit by a bullet in the arm at Doabgah in Sopore area--the hometown of Guru--of the district, official sources said.
The injured persons were shifted to a city hospital where their condition is stated to be stable, they said.
Protests were also witnessed in Handwara area of Kupwara district, they said.
According to reports, eight other persons were hurt during action by security forces at Sopore, Baramulla and Handwara. But there was no official word on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa