Afzal Guru hanging: Two injured in protests in J&K
Srinagar: At least two persons were injured on Saturday in action by security forces in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district when local residents came out to protest against the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
While Bilal Ahmad Gojri injured his thigh after being hit by a teargas shell during protests at Azadgunj in Baramulla town, Firdous Ahmad was hit by a bullet in the arm at Doabgah in Sopore area--the hometown of Guru--of the district, official sources said.
The injured persons were shifted to a city hospital where their condition is stated to be stable, they said.
Protests were also witnessed in Handwara area of Kupwara district, they said.
According to reports, eight other persons were hurt during action by security forces at Sopore, Baramulla and Handwara. But there was no official word on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?