Afzal Guru hanging: Two injured in protests in J&K
Srinagar: At least two persons were injured on Saturday in action by security forces in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district when local residents came out to protest against the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
While Bilal Ahmad Gojri injured his thigh after being hit by a teargas shell during protests at Azadgunj in Baramulla town, Firdous Ahmad was hit by a bullet in the arm at Doabgah in Sopore area--the hometown of Guru--of the district, official sources said.
The injured persons were shifted to a city hospital where their condition is stated to be stable, they said.
Protests were also witnessed in Handwara area of Kupwara district, they said.
According to reports, eight other persons were hurt during action by security forces at Sopore, Baramulla and Handwara. But there was no official word on it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav