Afzal Guru hanging: Two injured in protests in J&K
Srinagar: At least two persons were injured on Saturday in action by security forces in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district when local residents came out to protest against the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
While Bilal Ahmad Gojri injured his thigh after being hit by a teargas shell during protests at Azadgunj in Baramulla town, Firdous Ahmad was hit by a bullet in the arm at Doabgah in Sopore area--the hometown of Guru--of the district, official sources said.
The injured persons were shifted to a city hospital where their condition is stated to be stable, they said.
Protests were also witnessed in Handwara area of Kupwara district, they said.
According to reports, eight other persons were hurt during action by security forces at Sopore, Baramulla and Handwara. But there was no official word on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH