Another batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 35th batch of pilgrims on Thursday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
As many as 431 pilgrims, including 289 men, 84 women and 8 children left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu in a cavalcade of 10 vehicles at 4:10 am, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Peera in district Ramban on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today`s batch, a total of 52,912 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!