Another batch of pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A fresh batch of 105 pilgrims today left for the cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir Himalayas.=
A convoy of three vehicles carrying the 43rd batch of 105 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar around 4:55 AM to pay obeisance at the holy shrine.
The batch, including 75 men and four women, was on its way to the twin base camps of Pahalgam and Baltal, police said.
With today`s batch, a total of 51,530 devotees have left for Amarnath so far from the Jammu base camp.
Meanwhile, a convoy of 18 vehicles, carrying the eight batch of 719 pilgrims left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in the city around 3:23 AM for the Budha Amarnath Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought