Another batch of pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A fresh batch of 105 pilgrims today left for the cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir Himalayas.=
A convoy of three vehicles carrying the 43rd batch of 105 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar around 4:55 AM to pay obeisance at the holy shrine.
The batch, including 75 men and four women, was on its way to the twin base camps of Pahalgam and Baltal, police said.
With today`s batch, a total of 51,530 devotees have left for Amarnath so far from the Jammu base camp.
Meanwhile, a convoy of 18 vehicles, carrying the eight batch of 719 pilgrims left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in the city around 3:23 AM for the Budha Amarnath Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore