Another batch of pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A fresh batch of 105 pilgrims today left for the cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir Himalayas.=
A convoy of three vehicles carrying the 43rd batch of 105 devotees left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar around 4:55 AM to pay obeisance at the holy shrine.
The batch, including 75 men and four women, was on its way to the twin base camps of Pahalgam and Baltal, police said.
With today`s batch, a total of 51,530 devotees have left for Amarnath so far from the Jammu base camp.
Meanwhile, a convoy of 18 vehicles, carrying the eight batch of 719 pilgrims left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in the city around 3:23 AM for the Budha Amarnath Yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Maharashtra to call special assembly session on Aug 29 to ratify GST Bill
- PATHETIC! No water, missing Indian officials reason behind OP Jaisha's collapse in Rio
- Eat oranges to ward off heart disease, diabetes risk
- Indian equity markets slip on negative global cues
- Low job satisfaction can hamper your mental health