Army foils another infiltration bid
Jammu: Army troops on Tuesday foiled another infiltration bid by a group of armed militants along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Troops noticed movement of four to six armed militants, who had entered deep inside the Indian territory in Sonagali forward belt in Poonch district," a senior Army officer of 16
The troops challenged them resulting in an exchange of fire, he said adding the soldiers suffered no casualties or injuries.
The militants escaped back to Pakistan after the gunfight, the officer added.
On August 21, Army troops had foiled an infiltration bid and killed a militant injuring another in Balnoie forward belt in Krishnagati sub-sector of Poonch district.
A day earlier, troops had foiled a big infiltration bid and killed 12 militants in Gurez belt of Kashmir Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal