Army foils another infiltration bid
Jammu: Army troops on Tuesday foiled another infiltration bid by a group of armed militants along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Troops noticed movement of four to six armed militants, who had entered deep inside the Indian territory in Sonagali forward belt in Poonch district," a senior Army officer of 16
The troops challenged them resulting in an exchange of fire, he said adding the soldiers suffered no casualties or injuries.
The militants escaped back to Pakistan after the gunfight, the officer added.
On August 21, Army troops had foiled an infiltration bid and killed a militant injuring another in Balnoie forward belt in Krishnagati sub-sector of Poonch district.
A day earlier, troops had foiled a big infiltration bid and killed 12 militants in Gurez belt of Kashmir Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch