Army foils another infiltration bid
Jammu: Army troops on Tuesday foiled another infiltration bid by a group of armed militants along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Troops noticed movement of four to six armed militants, who had entered deep inside the Indian territory in Sonagali forward belt in Poonch district," a senior Army officer of 16
The troops challenged them resulting in an exchange of fire, he said adding the soldiers suffered no casualties or injuries.
The militants escaped back to Pakistan after the gunfight, the officer added.
On August 21, Army troops had foiled an infiltration bid and killed a militant injuring another in Balnoie forward belt in Krishnagati sub-sector of Poonch district.
A day earlier, troops had foiled a big infiltration bid and killed 12 militants in Gurez belt of Kashmir Valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!