BJP protests NC leader`s statement on Kashmir issue
Jammu: Taking strong execption to a NC leader`s comment on Kashmir issue, BJP activists today took out a protest march demanding strict legal action against him.
The BJP activists claimed that despite being a member of the ruling coalition in the state, National Conference General Secretary Sheikh Nazir on Tuesday said that Kashmiris should be allowed to decide their future.
Over 150 BJP activists led by their state chief Jugal Kishore Sharma took out a protest march from party headquarters, which after passing through main bazars, culminated at City Chowk.
After a minor scuffle with police personnel, the BJP activists set ablaze NC`s effigy at the chowk.
Addressing the gathering, Sharma said the NC leader`s statement is threat to the peace and unity of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab