BJP rejects Kashmir interlocutors` report
Mumbai: BJP on Thursday "completely rejected" the Centre`s interlocutors report on Jammu and Kashmir alleging it would "weaken" India’s position on the sensitive border state.
"We completely reject it. There are several areas of reservation. We condemn some of the suggestions", party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters after an urgent resolution was passed on the issue at the party`s national executive meeting here with the leader of the opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley proposing it.
She described the interlocutors` suggestion to review post-1952 laws in Kashmir as a "disastrous step".
BJP said the report "was written in a complete denial mode, ignoring certain hard realities on the ground".
Besides, it was felt the report has not addressed the issue of terrorism emanating from across the borders by state players and non-state players, she said.
The party was sharply critical of Home Minister P Chidambaram for bringing out the report soon after the conclusion of the budget session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!