BJP rejects Kashmir interlocutors` report
Mumbai: BJP on Thursday "completely rejected" the Centre`s interlocutors report on Jammu and Kashmir alleging it would "weaken" India’s position on the sensitive border state.
"We completely reject it. There are several areas of reservation. We condemn some of the suggestions", party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters after an urgent resolution was passed on the issue at the party`s national executive meeting here with the leader of the opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley proposing it.
She described the interlocutors` suggestion to review post-1952 laws in Kashmir as a "disastrous step".
BJP said the report "was written in a complete denial mode, ignoring certain hard realities on the ground".
Besides, it was felt the report has not addressed the issue of terrorism emanating from across the borders by state players and non-state players, she said.
The party was sharply critical of Home Minister P Chidambaram for bringing out the report soon after the conclusion of the budget session of Parliament.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!