BJP rejects Kashmir interlocutors` report
Mumbai: BJP on Thursday "completely rejected" the Centre`s interlocutors report on Jammu and Kashmir alleging it would "weaken" India’s position on the sensitive border state.
"We completely reject it. There are several areas of reservation. We condemn some of the suggestions", party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters after an urgent resolution was passed on the issue at the party`s national executive meeting here with the leader of the opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley proposing it.
She described the interlocutors` suggestion to review post-1952 laws in Kashmir as a "disastrous step".
BJP said the report "was written in a complete denial mode, ignoring certain hard realities on the ground".
Besides, it was felt the report has not addressed the issue of terrorism emanating from across the borders by state players and non-state players, she said.
The party was sharply critical of Home Minister P Chidambaram for bringing out the report soon after the conclusion of the budget session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP