BJP rejects Kashmir interlocutors` report
Mumbai: BJP on Thursday "completely rejected" the Centre`s interlocutors report on Jammu and Kashmir alleging it would "weaken" India’s position on the sensitive border state.
"We completely reject it. There are several areas of reservation. We condemn some of the suggestions", party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters after an urgent resolution was passed on the issue at the party`s national executive meeting here with the leader of the opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley proposing it.
She described the interlocutors` suggestion to review post-1952 laws in Kashmir as a "disastrous step".
BJP said the report "was written in a complete denial mode, ignoring certain hard realities on the ground".
Besides, it was felt the report has not addressed the issue of terrorism emanating from across the borders by state players and non-state players, she said.
The party was sharply critical of Home Minister P Chidambaram for bringing out the report soon after the conclusion of the budget session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar
- Jat association AIJASS warns of fresh agitation
- Indian cargo ship heading for Yemen sinks off Oman: Reports
- 25 injured in fresh clashes in Kashmir, death toll rises to 68