BJP rejects Kashmir interlocutors` report
Mumbai: BJP on Thursday "completely rejected" the Centre`s interlocutors report on Jammu and Kashmir alleging it would "weaken" India’s position on the sensitive border state.
"We completely reject it. There are several areas of reservation. We condemn some of the suggestions", party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told reporters after an urgent resolution was passed on the issue at the party`s national executive meeting here with the leader of the opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley proposing it.
She described the interlocutors` suggestion to review post-1952 laws in Kashmir as a "disastrous step".
BJP said the report "was written in a complete denial mode, ignoring certain hard realities on the ground".
Besides, it was felt the report has not addressed the issue of terrorism emanating from across the borders by state players and non-state players, she said.
The party was sharply critical of Home Minister P Chidambaram for bringing out the report soon after the conclusion of the budget session of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues