BJP’s J&K wing backs Modi, challenges Omar for debate on Article 370
Jammu: State unit of BJP on Monday slammed Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for criticising Narendra Modi over his remark on Article 370 and challenged him to hold a debate over the issue with any BJP leader.
"We accept his (Omar) challenge to hold a debate on Article 370. He must come forward to hold the debate with any BJP leader," state BJP president and MLA Jugal Kishore Sharma told reporters here today.
Omar had yesterday taken a dig at Modi for his comment to hold a debate over Article 370, saying, "I challenge him or any of his minions to reproduce verbatim the section of Article 370 that determines the J-K state subject law."
Omar wrote on his twitter account that he wondered if Modi was actually aware of the provisions of Article 370 of Constitution, which gives special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Omar also said Modi was either badly informed or economical with the truth.
"Omar is trying to distort facts to mislead and hoodwink the general masses," Sharma said.
The BJP leader claimed that both Congress and NC had "misused" Article 370 to deprive the people of the state of their fundamental rights and promote communalism, separatism and politics of regional discrimination.
Sharma also debunked Omar`s attack on Modi that he made a false statement that under Article 370, women in the state did not have the same rights as men. He said the Chief Minister was "blissfully ignorant" of the role played by BJP to ensure gender equality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues