CAG points out irregularities in SKIMS in Kashmir
Srinagar: The Comptroller and Auditor General of India has criticised the functioning of Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Science in the Valley, highlighting various financial and operational deficiencies.
The performance review of SKIMS revealed various financial and operational deficiencies like under-utilisation of funds and irregular withdrawals, State Principal Accountant General (Audit) Subhash Chandra Pandey told reporters while releasing the CAG report here today.
The report said the institute did not have any approved long term master or perspective plan for phased and planned infrastructure development and for purchase of medical equipment or civil infrastructure.
"The project and financial management in the institute was lax as manifested in persistent under-utilisation of allotted budget ranging between eight to 28 per cent, irregular withdrawal of funds ranging from Rs 0.73 crore to Rs 14.42 crore for crediting to civil deposits to avoid the lapse of budget, irregular utilisation of upto 61 per cent of sundry hospital receipts for unapproved purposes and irregular personal claims," the report said.
The report said the infrastructure development was not planned properly as the works targeted for completion by 2010-11 were incomplete besides seven schemes for which Rs 8.51 crores had been credited to civil deposit head were not taken up for execution.
"The advance centre for human genetics and local area networking systems could not be established in the institute due to improper planning despite investment of Rs 12.12 crore," the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan