CAG points out irregularities in SKIMS in Kashmir
Srinagar: The Comptroller and Auditor General of India has criticised the functioning of Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Science in the Valley, highlighting various financial and operational deficiencies.
The performance review of SKIMS revealed various financial and operational deficiencies like under-utilisation of funds and irregular withdrawals, State Principal Accountant General (Audit) Subhash Chandra Pandey told reporters while releasing the CAG report here today.
The report said the institute did not have any approved long term master or perspective plan for phased and planned infrastructure development and for purchase of medical equipment or civil infrastructure.
"The project and financial management in the institute was lax as manifested in persistent under-utilisation of allotted budget ranging between eight to 28 per cent, irregular withdrawal of funds ranging from Rs 0.73 crore to Rs 14.42 crore for crediting to civil deposits to avoid the lapse of budget, irregular utilisation of upto 61 per cent of sundry hospital receipts for unapproved purposes and irregular personal claims," the report said.
The report said the infrastructure development was not planned properly as the works targeted for completion by 2010-11 were incomplete besides seven schemes for which Rs 8.51 crores had been credited to civil deposit head were not taken up for execution.
"The advance centre for human genetics and local area networking systems could not be established in the institute due to improper planning despite investment of Rs 12.12 crore," the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof