CBI should probe custodial death of NC worker: NPP
Srinagar: Claiming "there is something fishy"
in the alleged custodial death of a NC worker, National
Panthers Party in Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday demanded a CBI probe
into the incident and dismissal of Omar Abdullah government,
saying it had lost its mandate.
"This government has lost its mandate, there is a
constitutional breakdown in the state. We demand the Governor
should intervene... and immediately dismiss this government,"
Panthers Party MLA Balwant Singh Mankotia said here.
Syed Mohammad Yousuf, an NC worker from South Kashmir`s
Anantnag district, died allegedly in police custody after two
fellow party workers had accused him of taking Rs 1.18 crore
from them for getting them berths in the Legislative Council.
"The way government is speaking, we believe there is
something fishy in the case. Only the CBI probe can bring
out the truth," he said.
Opposition PDP had also asked for resignation of the
Mankotia, who was flanked by party MLC Rafiq Shah,
demanded a CBI probe into the death of Yousuf.
"Over the last two days, we have witnessed a very
important and controversial issue which also hampered the work
of the (legislative) Assembly. We demand a CBI probe into the
custodial death of Syed Mohammad Yousuf," Mankotia said.
The Panthers Party legislator also alleged that
government`s varying versions claiming that Yousuf died due to
a heart attack and then ordering a judicial probe hints
something "fishy" has happened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi