Centre sanctions Rs 2 cr for G B Pant hospital
Srinagar: The Centre has sanctioned Rs two crore for the Valley`s only children`s hospital, which had hit the headlines last month due to high infant death rate, for improving the medicare facilities there.
"Under the NRHM, the Union Ministry for Health and Family Welfare has sanctioned Rs two crore for G B Pant hospital to provide better medicare to the patients", Minister for Medical Education R S Chib said in a high-level meeting during his visit to hospital on Friday.
The Minister went round various wards, interacted with the attendants and asked about the medicare facilities being provided in the hospital.
He also reviewed the pace of renovation works going on in the hospital.
The Minister directed the Principal of the Government Medical College Srinagar and Medical Superintendent of the Hospital for identifying the suitable areas with the help of specialists and faculty so that the improvement can be brought for the patient care.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah also paid a surprise visit to the hospital yesterday and took stock of new initiatives put in place by the government to improve the functioning of the hospital and upgrade its delivery.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read