Centre to set up 100 crore Technology Centre in J&K
Srinagar: The Centre has announced setting up of a Rs 100 crore Technology Centre in Jammu and Kashmir with an extension counter and several incubation centres.
"A Technology Centre, costing Rs 100 crore, will be set up at Ghatti in Kathua district of Jammu region with its extension counter at Sanatnagar in Srinagar besides district incubation centres across the state," Union Secretary in ministry of MSME Madhav Lal said addressing an officers` meeting here.
The meeting was convened last night to review the implementation of schemes and programmes of the ministry and was was attended among others by State Financial Commissioner, Industries and Commerce, Khurshid Ahmad Ganai, heads of various Departments and District Industries Centres.
Emphasizing for effective implementation of Credit Guarantee Scheme in the State, Union Secretary said this would facilitate entrepreneurs to take loan without personal security.
"EM1 and EM2 software packages will shortly be introduced in the State while it has already been implemented in nine states of the country," he said adding this would improve in efficiency of registration of new units working in unorganised sector.
Lal asked the authorities of Industries Department to liaise with SIDBI for availing finance for Micro entrepreneurs of the State and also come up with a proposal for up-gradation and development of industrial estates under MSE-CDP scheme.
"Venture capital fund is being created to benefit business units dealing with Information Technology and Food Processing," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Arvind Kejriwal lauds PM Narendra Modi's Cabinet Minister Suresh Prabhu – Know why
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside
- SHOCKING! Pakistan umpire Aleem Dar's sons involved in major controversy in Scotland - Read full story
- Kerala Assembly Election 2016: Arun Jaitley to release NDA's vision document today
- US wants Pakistan to have dialogue with neighbours