Chargesheet against ex-agriculture dept director
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) has filed a chargesheet against former Director Agriculture Department, two other officials and a seed supplier before an anti-corruption court here.
The chargesheet against Ghulam Hyder Bhat, then Director Agriculture, Noor din Wani, then District Agriculture Officer Pulwam, Bashir Ahmad Mir, then Chief Agriculture Officer Pulwama, and Mohammad Sadeeq Rather of Modern Seed Farm was filed before the Court of Special Judge Anti Corruption here, an official spokesman said on Friday.
According to the chargesheet, the accused officers under a well knit conspiracy with the Proprietor of M/S Modern Seed Farm had dishonestly shown placement of different supply orders with M/S Garnier Seeds India Delhi for supply of 3.05 tonnes of Hybrid Sudan Grass Seed.
The supply orders issued had never reached M/S Garnier Seeds India and were found placed dishonestly by public servants without inducing any competition to make purchases from M/S Modern Seeds Farm Srinagar, the spokesman said.
The accused officials in league with Rather were found to have dishonestly and in furtherance of criminal conspiracy purchased 3.05 tonnes of Hybrid Sudan Grass Seeds on highly exorbitant rates to confer undue benefit upon themselves and the supplier firm, causing loss of Rs 5.25 lakh to the state exchequer, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert