Chargesheet against ex-agriculture dept director
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) has filed a chargesheet against former Director Agriculture Department, two other officials and a seed supplier before an anti-corruption court here.
The chargesheet against Ghulam Hyder Bhat, then Director Agriculture, Noor din Wani, then District Agriculture Officer Pulwam, Bashir Ahmad Mir, then Chief Agriculture Officer Pulwama, and Mohammad Sadeeq Rather of Modern Seed Farm was filed before the Court of Special Judge Anti Corruption here, an official spokesman said on Friday.
According to the chargesheet, the accused officers under a well knit conspiracy with the Proprietor of M/S Modern Seed Farm had dishonestly shown placement of different supply orders with M/S Garnier Seeds India Delhi for supply of 3.05 tonnes of Hybrid Sudan Grass Seed.
The supply orders issued had never reached M/S Garnier Seeds India and were found placed dishonestly by public servants without inducing any competition to make purchases from M/S Modern Seeds Farm Srinagar, the spokesman said.
The accused officials in league with Rather were found to have dishonestly and in furtherance of criminal conspiracy purchased 3.05 tonnes of Hybrid Sudan Grass Seeds on highly exorbitant rates to confer undue benefit upon themselves and the supplier firm, causing loss of Rs 5.25 lakh to the state exchequer, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued