Chargesheet against ex-agriculture dept director
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) has filed a chargesheet against former Director Agriculture Department, two other officials and a seed supplier before an anti-corruption court here.
The chargesheet against Ghulam Hyder Bhat, then Director Agriculture, Noor din Wani, then District Agriculture Officer Pulwam, Bashir Ahmad Mir, then Chief Agriculture Officer Pulwama, and Mohammad Sadeeq Rather of Modern Seed Farm was filed before the Court of Special Judge Anti Corruption here, an official spokesman said on Friday.
According to the chargesheet, the accused officers under a well knit conspiracy with the Proprietor of M/S Modern Seed Farm had dishonestly shown placement of different supply orders with M/S Garnier Seeds India Delhi for supply of 3.05 tonnes of Hybrid Sudan Grass Seed.
The supply orders issued had never reached M/S Garnier Seeds India and were found placed dishonestly by public servants without inducing any competition to make purchases from M/S Modern Seeds Farm Srinagar, the spokesman said.
The accused officials in league with Rather were found to have dishonestly and in furtherance of criminal conspiracy purchased 3.05 tonnes of Hybrid Sudan Grass Seeds on highly exorbitant rates to confer undue benefit upon themselves and the supplier firm, causing loss of Rs 5.25 lakh to the state exchequer, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj