Civilian trekking expedition to Kishtwar
Jammu: After a gap of 18 years, a civilian
trekking expedition consisting of 11 people, including six
from Arunachal Pradesh, was on Monday flagged off for mountainous
belt of Kishtwar-Paddar area in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We have started trekking in the mountainous belts of
Kishtwar-Paddar area after nearly 18 years. We want to
vigorously go for trekking in the region," director Tourism,
Jammu, Raven Singh Mehta told reporters.
Due to emergence of militancy, the trekking had come to a
halt in mountainous belts of Jammu region and Kashmir Valley.
Depending on the success of the 10-day trekking
expedition, a decision will be taken on re-opening the
Paddar-Zanskar area for trekking.
- MUST WATCH: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu's amazing speech on religion in Muslim conference
- SRH vs RCB, IPL 2016: Why David Warner was unhappy with Tabraiz Shamsi’s 'Bus Driver' celebration!
- This Indian business tycoon and wife under high-risk security category!
- Salman Khan impressed with THIS young fan—See pic inside!
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment