Cong targeting NC cadres: Kamal
Jammu: The ruling National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday accused its coalition partner Congress of targeting NC cadres to weaken it.
"Congress is deliberately targeting NC cadres hoping to weaken National Conference and steal a march in the coming election," JK NC Additional General Secretary Mustafa Kamal said.
This attitude would be counter-productive and boomerang on them, he told a public meeting at Mera Madrian, some 45-km from here.
"Raj Dharam binds them to serve people in a fair and just manner," he advised the Congress party.
Dr Kamal said there was no substitute for peace which was basic requirement for progress and prosperity.
He said the NC was committed to friendship and peace between India and Pakistan.
His party also favoured autonomy for the state within the Indian union and revocation of AFSPA, Kamal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?