Cong targeting NC cadres: Kamal
Jammu: The ruling National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday accused its coalition partner Congress of targeting NC cadres to weaken it.
"Congress is deliberately targeting NC cadres hoping to weaken National Conference and steal a march in the coming election," JK NC Additional General Secretary Mustafa Kamal said.
This attitude would be counter-productive and boomerang on them, he told a public meeting at Mera Madrian, some 45-km from here.
"Raj Dharam binds them to serve people in a fair and just manner," he advised the Congress party.
Dr Kamal said there was no substitute for peace which was basic requirement for progress and prosperity.
He said the NC was committed to friendship and peace between India and Pakistan.
His party also favoured autonomy for the state within the Indian union and revocation of AFSPA, Kamal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen