Cong targeting NC cadres: Kamal
Jammu: The ruling National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday accused its coalition partner Congress of targeting NC cadres to weaken it.
"Congress is deliberately targeting NC cadres hoping to weaken National Conference and steal a march in the coming election," JK NC Additional General Secretary Mustafa Kamal said.
This attitude would be counter-productive and boomerang on them, he told a public meeting at Mera Madrian, some 45-km from here.
"Raj Dharam binds them to serve people in a fair and just manner," he advised the Congress party.
Dr Kamal said there was no substitute for peace which was basic requirement for progress and prosperity.
He said the NC was committed to friendship and peace between India and Pakistan.
His party also favoured autonomy for the state within the Indian union and revocation of AFSPA, Kamal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site
- Court rejects Ohio law that bans police from sex with minors
- Democrats speaking about world that does not exist: Trump