Cong targeting NC cadres: Kamal
Jammu: The ruling National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday accused its coalition partner Congress of targeting NC cadres to weaken it.
"Congress is deliberately targeting NC cadres hoping to weaken National Conference and steal a march in the coming election," JK NC Additional General Secretary Mustafa Kamal said.
This attitude would be counter-productive and boomerang on them, he told a public meeting at Mera Madrian, some 45-km from here.
"Raj Dharam binds them to serve people in a fair and just manner," he advised the Congress party.
Dr Kamal said there was no substitute for peace which was basic requirement for progress and prosperity.
He said the NC was committed to friendship and peace between India and Pakistan.
His party also favoured autonomy for the state within the Indian union and revocation of AFSPA, Kamal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH