Cong targeting NC cadres: Kamal
Jammu: The ruling National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday accused its coalition partner Congress of targeting NC cadres to weaken it.
"Congress is deliberately targeting NC cadres hoping to weaken National Conference and steal a march in the coming election," JK NC Additional General Secretary Mustafa Kamal said.
This attitude would be counter-productive and boomerang on them, he told a public meeting at Mera Madrian, some 45-km from here.
"Raj Dharam binds them to serve people in a fair and just manner," he advised the Congress party.
Dr Kamal said there was no substitute for peace which was basic requirement for progress and prosperity.
He said the NC was committed to friendship and peace between India and Pakistan.
His party also favoured autonomy for the state within the Indian union and revocation of AFSPA, Kamal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion