CRPF jawan commits suicide in Srinagar
Srinagar: A CRPF jawan allegedly
committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in Anantnag district of south Kashmir, officials said Monday.
Head constable Omar Prakash of 163rd battalion CRPF
was on duty at Verinag camp, 80 kms from here, when he shot
himself with his service rifle last evening, they said.
His colleagues rushed to the spot after hearing the
gun shot and found Prakash, a resident of Madhya Pradesh,
The motive behind Prakash taking such an extreme step
was not known immediately.
However, his colleagues claimed that he was tense due
to some domestic problems over the past few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH