CRPF jawan commits suicide in Srinagar
Srinagar: A CRPF jawan allegedly
committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in Anantnag district of south Kashmir, officials said Monday.
Head constable Omar Prakash of 163rd battalion CRPF
was on duty at Verinag camp, 80 kms from here, when he shot
himself with his service rifle last evening, they said.
His colleagues rushed to the spot after hearing the
gun shot and found Prakash, a resident of Madhya Pradesh,
The motive behind Prakash taking such an extreme step
was not known immediately.
However, his colleagues claimed that he was tense due
to some domestic problems over the past few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing