Ex-minister accused of sexual assault attends Assembly session
Jammu: Former Jammu & Kashmir Health Minister Shabir Ahmad Khan, who was arrested on charges of sexually assaulting a woman doctor and released on bail on Sunday attended the Assembly session here.
Khan arrived in the House late in afternoon and attended the proceedings. "Yes, he attended the session today," Speaker Mubarak Gul said.
Khan had sought permission from police to leave Srinagar and attend the Assembly session in Jammu and was granted permission.
The Congress MLA, who was forced to resign from the Omar Abdullah ministry, was quizzed by police for about an hour after he appeared before them in Srinagar on February 13.
He had claimed that the allegations against him were false and the complainant targeted him to spoil his political career.
The former minister expressed hope of getting justice from the court, and said he will cooperate with the police.
The high court had set several conditions on Khan for his bail, which included not to leave Srinagar city without prior permission of the investigating officer. The court also asked him not to leave the territorial jurisdiction of Jammu and Kashmir before the next date of hearing on Monday.
According to the complaint, Khan had summoned her to his office chamber in the Civil Secretariat on January 28 and tried to molest her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray