Ex-minister, former bureaucrats join Congress
Srinagar: An ex-minister and several former bureaucrats were among over 300 people who joined the Congress party in Kashmir Valley on Sunday.
"Several prominent political leaders joined the Congress and declared they will work towards making the party more vibrant," a Congress spokesman said in a statement here.
They included Ghulam Hassan Geelani (a former minister, Farooq Renzu (former Director of the Information Department), Tafazul Hussain (former vice-president of the Jammu and Kashmir Bank), Wali Mohammad Dar (a retired Superintendent Engineer) and Sheikh G M Gulzar (a retired officer of the Rural Development Department).
Bashir Ahmad Shah (a sarpanch), Ghulam Hassan Rather (a political leader) and Abdul Rashid Malla (former chairman of the Baramulla Municipal Committee) also joined the party-fold, the spokesman said.
As many as 300 youth activists from different parts of the valley were also inducted into the party at a function here.
JKPCC president Saifuddin Soz welcomed them into the party.
Soz claimed many more people wanted to join the party, saying another function would be organised soon to welcome them into the party-fold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- None of your concern, says Indian Army after China's warning over deployment of BrahMos missile in Arunachal
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?