Fai arrest is just the tip of the iceberg: BJP
Jammu: The BJP on Thursday demanded a thorough
probe into the links of Kashmiri separatist Ghulam Nabi Fai,
arrested by the FBI on Tuesday on charges of receiving
hundreds and thousands of dollars from the ISI and using them
for lobbying at the Capitol Hill.
"The arrest of Fai for being an agent of Pakistan ISI
is simply the tip of the iceberg," BJP national executive
Member Jitendra Singh told reporters here.
He alleged that "several politicians, activists and
scribes have been on pay roll of foreign agencies for their
anti-India activities and this calls for a thorough probe."
Singh accused the authorities of turning a blind eye
to the activities of Fai and his associates and appeasing the
"The arrest also vindicates the BJP`s stand that
the so called separatist movement in Kashmir is sponsored by
foreign powers hostile to India," he said.
Singh, who was recently denied visa to visit
Washington as a member of BJP delegation, said it is a shame
that those involved in anti-India tirade are allowed to travel
to the US, while the "nationalists" are denied permission.
He demanded that the government come out with a report
on the progress made in state operations against hawala
channels funding Kashmir separatists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police